Keen to help those currently home learning, Neal (and his son, Oscar) from Kickstarters have put together this football training session. They share a warm up, dribbling skills and a fun target game to finish.
Kickstarters began in February 2018, with the aim to promote a love of reading, whilst developing football/multi skills in young children.
The coaching sessions revolve around a favourite children’s book, which the children will immerse themselves in and take part in a variety of football activities linked to the story. During the sessions, children will:
- Listen to stories in a group
- Predict what may happen next in a story
- Answer questions about the characters in the book
- Work with other children through teamwork
- Act out the main characters in the story
- Develop fundamental skills like hand/eye coordination, throwing, catching and kicking.